2009年4月9日 星期四

Name: Liv Yeh (99712404)
Reaction Article # 3
Date: 4/10/2009
From: Time

A Quiet Revolution Grows in the Muslim World
(http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1886539,00.html)
Since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on America, the July 7, 2005 London bombings, and the February, 2006 Denmark in the eye of the storm over Muslim Cartoon, these Muslim related events left an wide gap between Muslim and western countries. However, I think those actions cannot represent the whole Muslim world, but carried out by only some religious bigots. For giving those members of the post-9/11 generation a new self-confidence and a positive attitude, these strict Muslim should devote to turn away other people’s prejudice to them by some ways.

I have stayed in Boston, Massachusetts for months 9 years ago. Sometimes, I could see a couple (I think so) who lived nearby my apartment wearing the Islamic veil or hijab, but I don’t know how to approach them because their dress and their appearance made me felt that they are serious, mysterious, and isolated people. So, in my opinion it is better that the Muslim utilizes a soft and interesting way to adapt to the 21st century to let people understand their culture or belief. To a religious belief, I prefer to hear that“you could be a good Muslim and yet enjoy life,”or “ We focused on God’s mercy.”

I agree to the Egyptian’s dentist Nagar’s proposal that he called for dividing the religious and political wings of the movement, because I think if people blend this two, religion and politics, their role to a mosque or a state will confused. Finally, the media should give a break to Islam world—do not overstate the negative news about them, just trying to introduce the audience the new Muslim undergoing a soft revolution. (280 words)

沒有留言: